So I was reading the news today and saw an editorial about pro-choice. As some of you may know, I am very adamant about human rights issues. My response to the article was first, the desire to become president, and second, (after I realized how far-fetched that was), was to share my opinion with whoever will read it and pay attention. Here is my point of view in a few easy bullets :D
1. Men and Women have the same natural rights. So, the right to live, the right to listen to whomever they want, and the right to follow the government because we choose to.
2. Everyone with rights (so everyone) has the right to do whatever the hell they want as long as they are not imposing their will on other people. Which means abortion and gay marriage is fine, as long as you don’t force everyone to have an abortion and get married to someone of the same gender. That said, the opposite is also true; heterosexual marriage and deciding to keep your baby are fine, as long as you don’t tell me how to live my life.
3. Government should have as little to do with my life as possible. I will do whatever I damn well please.
4. BUT, I also think basic necessities and protection should be given. Education, health-care, local services (like police and fire dept.), and foreign affairs should all be taken care of by the government. What else would they be for?
5. Lastly, but most importantly, everyone should be in the national discussion about how our country is run and what decisions we should make. Political offices should not be won on account of how mush money they can raise for their campaign. Every voting citizen has the civil duty to become educated on who they are voting for and why, as well as the other major canidates.
Another rant brought to you my me :)
Tell me what you think!